HISKIND is a conversation. We believe that in order to engage in authentic, honest and meaningful discussion that truly reflect our readers and audience, we must enlist a number of people in our editorial development and planning. Think you can help shape our editorial direction? We want to hear from you.
Created by the community, for the community, HISKIND interacts with the latest fashion, culture, music and lifestyle through an LGBT+ lens. We believe the lines of LGBTQ+ media and straight media are blurred and we operate in this space. Therefore, we don’t sit in the LGBTQ+ section of a news-stand but adopt a mainstream distribution model. Our free, premium print format is available in 300 culture venues, 200 corporate offices, hotel partners, train services, airline gates and more. HISKIND’s digital distribution channels are also rapidly expanding and it is now available on Virgin Train’s BEAM service. This is combined with our strong and rapidly growing digital platform.
You’re full of ideas and opinions and have your hands on the latest trends. You’re a talented writer and a savvy storyteller. You’re enthusiastic and positive, able to work independently and not afraid to have a hands-on approach.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To believe in, commit to, communicate and engage others with HISKIND’s vision
• To give feedback on editorial decisions across digital and print
• To provide solid editorial concepts and ideas
• To assist in developing a contributing team who can help with the growth of the brand
• To attend press events when required, networking and promoting HISKIND at all opportunities
• To actively seek ways of engaging new readers and increasing reach
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
• Opportunity to be apart of both HISKIND online and print with a special focus on editorial content
• Be given the platform to develop your own content and gain editorial experience
• Be a part of HISKIND’s growing conversation within LGBTQ+ media
We ask for a four-hour minimum commitment per month, all from the comfort of your own home. Please include two examples of your writing with your application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Community Editor’.
We look forward to hearing from you!